Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Anyone Here Non Christian?
I've mentioned my religious faith a couple times on the board before but yes, I'm a non-Christian and an atheist. However, my religious faith is important to me since it's part of my culture.
(11-26-2018, 12:25 AM)MurphysLaw87 Wrote: I do recognize and believe that Christianity is the main reason why America exists and is so successful though.

*snort* yeah, the last crusades, essentially, leading to genocide of the nations that ruled this land before the ancestors of the nation who are here now came to poison it. Christianity as i see it now (from the 5+ churches i attended with my family through my upbringing) has become such a hypocrisy, everything is wrapped up in materialism and self-righteous denial of what path they are Really walking, and i fail to see a difference in the lifestyles of "christians" and hedonists from the congregation members i have known. Many, including my grandma, beleive in their salvation to the point that they dont need to make changes or do anything to better themselves, because they already bought their ticket to "heaven" through "accepting jesus into their hearts". It's the easy way out. Christians for the most part are not even spiritual, they miss the entire point.
I have met only 2 people who are actually following the spiritual path of Christianity and actually walk that moral path, and i respect them for that even as it is not my own spiritual path. (Sorry but revelation is not talking about the future) I'm sure there are more than those two, lol, but they are truly a minority.

My goal is to exemplify the opposite of this awful culture. How do you measure success? How many people in the US are suffering daily, how much crime do people get away with, how much do people work of their life time and energy, and to what end? I dont think that because most households have a tv and cell phones that this defines success. Loneliness and suicidality are on the rise because of a culture wrapped up in meaningless persuits and technological advances that arent necesarily good for anyone or any species.
A bucket full of wishes... is sometimes too heavy

Loved  Gloomy
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to UnicornSmudge for this post:
  • Dragon, jman197, nikoo_o
(04-11-2019, 01:05 PM)UnicornSmudge Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 12:25 AM)MurphysLaw87 Wrote: I do recognize and believe that Christianity is the main reason why America exists and is so successful though.

*snort* yeah, the last crusades, essentially, leading to genocide of the nations that ruled this land before the ancestors of the nation who are here now came to poison it. Christianity as i see it now (from the 5+ churches i attended with my family through my upbringing) has become such a hypocrisy, everything is wrapped up in materialism and self-righteous denial of what path they are Really walking, and i fail to see a difference in the lifestyles of "christians" and hedonists from the congregation members i have known. Many, including my grandma, beleive in their salvation to the point that they dont need to make changes or do anything to better themselves, because they already bought their ticket to "heaven" through "accepting jesus into their hearts". It's the easy way out. Christians for the most part are not even spiritual, they miss the entire point.
I have met only 2 people who are actually following the spiritual path of Christianity and actually walk that moral path, and i respect them for that even as it is not my own spiritual path. (Sorry but revelation is not talking about the future) I'm sure there are more than those two, lol, but they are truly a minority.

My goal is to exemplify the opposite of this awful culture. How do you measure success? How many people in the US are suffering daily, how much crime do people get away with, how much do people work of their life time and energy, and to what end? I dont think that because most households have a tv and cell phones that this defines success. Loneliness and suicidality are on the rise because of a culture wrapped up in meaningless persuits and technological advances that arent necesarily good for anyone or any species.

I'm a Christian myself but I definitely agree with you. Most of the Christians I know either don't want to change their life for the better or want to shove God down people's throats. I believe each person if they truly believe, should show a positive change and act more like a moral person and try their best to do good and help people as much as they can. Most of the Christians in the world are judgemental pushy pricks. It gives us a bad name and not all of us are like that.
There is darkness all around and darkness inside.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to jman197 for this post:
  • nikoo_o, UnicornSmudge