Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the Saddest Song You've Ever Heard?

Here are links to the two songs I posted the first is Goodbye(I'm sorry). The second is Her Last Words. Trigger warning on the second song it has suicide in it
(10-28-2017, 10:35 PM)Lurker.In.The.Night Wrote:

Inner Demons -Juliana Brennan

replaying
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot
This actually the second song in the above post from @jman197 - after I listened to it I had to bring it in line but we can only have one video per post. Sorry if I'm confusing myself (and maybe you?)

The second is Her Last Words. Trigger warning on the second song it has suicide in it
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
My personal playlist for every flavor of sadness....it's kind of weird but listening to it actually helps me feel better. Probably because no one who hasn't experienced the extreme and seemingly endless despair that often comes over me could have written songs like this and knowing this makes me feel less alone.  I rarely, if ever, let anyone in my real life know how bad it gets so this playlist is also an outlet.  Two things: some of the songs may be triggering and I have a very eclectic tastes in music so it might seem kind of random.

One More Suicide by Marcy Playground
My Immortal by Evanescence
Jesus, Why Can't I Walk With You? by Gunman and the Holy Ghost
King of Pain by The Police
Lay Me Down by The Frames
Mr. Ambulance Driver by The Decemberists
Oh, Lord, Let Me Die In Pain by Gunman and the Holy Ghost
Promise to Try by Madonna
This Kind of Lonely by Everlast
Washing of the Water by Peter Gabriel
When I Needed You by Erasure
Why Should I Cry For You? by Sting
The Wrong Child by R.E.M.
Runaway Train by Soul Asylum
Calling All Angels by Jane Siberry & k.d. lang
Pennies For Heaven by The Legendary Pink Dots
Vincent (Starry Starry Night) by Don McLean
Hang Myself From the Tree by The Vandals
Wrong Side of Heaven by Five Finger Death Punch
Hate Me by Blue October
I Am A Rock by Simon & Garfunkle
I Think It's Going To Rain Today by Bette Midler

@Ashley  I hope you don't mind, I had to bring this in line! //al
I hope it's working now. The imagery is beautiful and heartrending. When I play the song on my guitar, I add in an additional verse. It's kind of an amusing co-incidence but you can pluck this right out of George Orwell's 1984 and plop it down in your tablature:

Under the spreading chestnut tree
I sold you and you sold me
There they lie and here lie we
Under the spreading chestnut tree

and get sort of an Orwell & Garfunkel sad love song for the whole world.

This video is on a site that I actually use instead of scraping with youtube-dl and the imagery looks like how I remember the institution where my (trans) brother was incarcerated from age 10 until the insurance money ran out:

https://archive.org/details/PINKFLOYDANO...KINTHEWALL

but I haven't been brave enough to find out if it is in ruins or if the ostentatious and unnecessary furnishings were auctioned off on eBay to the highest bidder. It's kind of cathartic to think about these places just abandoned and rotting away, even though I know that the mainstream modern mental health care industry is no walk in the park either.
"variety, conflict even, is life and... uniformity is death" - Kropotkin
This isn't sad but it fits the mood of this forum perfectly

No more Fucks to Give by Thomas Benjamin Wild Esq.

"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Lurker.In.The.Night for this post:
  • DarkCherub, Dragon
Now that's cute!!
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
This is a cover of the Steve Winwood song, but if you haven't heard Warren Zevon's version, you should. The original is perky and upbeat, but the cover is George telling Lenny about the rabbits as they head off into the woods. Not sure if I've earned permissions for the video to embed or not.

Apparently not. It's "Back in the High Life Again" by Warren Zevon (cover). Apologies if I overstepped in posting the link.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the Happiest Song You've Ever Heard? Lurker.In.The.Night 1 1,798 12-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Satiny