Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have gender issues ....
oh, not mine - yours!

I've always found it both difficult and interesting to try to assign a gender to a person before they declare themselves.  Some are nice and give such things as gender and age in their profile, some even give the continent on which they usually live.  Others just leave us with a guessing game.  I'm not trying to suggest that's wrong or anything but sometimes it gets interesting when you're referring to him/her in a conversation and he/she/it? has said something that we want to comment on.

I *am NOT* going to embarrass myself by saying what genders I thought some of you all are, let it be said though that in some cases I was definitely, embarrassedly WRONG!
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
(04-17-2010, 07:38 PM)Dragon link Wrote: oh, not mine - yours!

I've always found it both difficult and interesting to try to assign a gender to a person before they declare themselves.  Some are nice and give such things as gender and age in their profile, some even give the continent on which they usually live.  Others just leave us with a guessing game.  I'm not trying to suggest that's wrong or anything but sometimes it gets interesting when you're referring to him/her in a conversation and he/she/it? has said something that we want to comment on.

I *am NOT* going to embarrass myself by saying what genders I thought some of you all are, let it be said though that in some cases I was definitely, embarrassedly WRONG!

Well, I'll clarify me... I'm a chick.... Although I have a bunch of pictures in the gallery so I don't think it would be that hard not to know whether I'm a he or a she..... ;D

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.

A lot of people thought ctb was a girl.  Big Grin

A lot of people also assumed I was a guy.

And everyone thought Say was a guy, even though she was apparently female (at least that's what she said).

not sure why that is lol.
The Universe is expanding<br />But I don't feel a damn thing<br />There's nothing you can do about it <br />Keep on dancing<br /><br />- That Handsome Devil, &quot;Loving Parasite&quot;
(04-17-2010, 08:22 PM)EyeScream link Wrote: A lot of people thought ctb was a girl.  Big Grin

A lot of people also assumed I was a guy.

And everyone thought Say was a guy, even though she was apparently female (at least that's what she said).

not sure why that is lol.

i thought ctb was a girl.

never thought you were a guy.

say was an asshole.
lol Nice thread Dragon.  I've had this problem several times.  Just the other night somebody had to correct yet another false assumption of mine in chat. 

I still think say was a guy, not that it matters. Thistle described exactly what say was. 

I won't mention any other people I was wrong about.  I'm amused by everybody thinking I was a girl.  I wonder why so many of you  think that?
&quot;Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.&quot;- C.S. Lewis
(04-18-2010, 02:48 AM)ctb link Wrote: lol Nice thread Dragon.  I've had this problem several times.  Just the other night somebody had to correct yet another false assumption of mine in chat. 

I still think say was a guy, not that it matters. Thistle described exactly what say was. 

I won't mention any other people I was wrong about.  I'm amused by everybody thinking I was a girl.   I wonder why so many of you  think that?

Huh?? You mean you're not???

Maybe some other brave soul will tell you, but I'm not going to start that ball of wax.

'scuse please,  I think I have my tongue hung on a tooth trying to get it out of my cheek ....
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Gender? I don't really care what gender someone is. If they have a generic name I just don't make an assumption. If I chat with them and they tell me they have to put on their makeup and forgot to buy kotex that week I then feel free to assume they're a DOOD in drag.. I usually don't though..  Tongue
"The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night" -- Friedrich Nietzsche
Lol well im a guy but im also gay so I could understand if you mistook me for a girl. People say I look better than them in a skirt a lot of the time anyway Tongue