Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's nothing funny about........or is there?
How many of you have cracked a joke about..well, lets pick suicide for example..Something so far off the wall here only to have someone get mad at you and say, "There's nothing funny about that!"?
Oh really? Then why are there so many jokes and even funny movies made about the subject?
Well, I for one think anyone who makes jokes about suicide out to be taken out and shot....with a really, really slow bullet. That'll learn em!
"The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night" -- Friedrich Nietzsche
(04-07-2010, 10:22 AM)unlegendary link Wrote: How many of you have cracked a joke about..well, lets pick suicide for example..Something so far off the wall here only to have someone get mad at you and say, \"There's nothing funny about that!\"?
Oh really? Then why are there so many jokes and even funny movies made about the subject?
Well, I for one think anyone who makes jokes about suicide out to be taken out and shot....with a really, really slow bullet. That'll learn em!

This is my favorite suicide joke:

Q: What was the best thing Kurt Cobain ever released?
A: The safety.

As for other things that "aren't funny," I love dead baby jokes. I don't know why.
The Universe is expanding<br />But I don't feel a damn thing<br />There's nothing you can do about it <br />Keep on dancing<br /><br />- That Handsome Devil, &quot;Loving Parasite&quot;
In my best whiny soccer mom voice.. "Now that's just not funny!"  :EB:
"The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night" -- Friedrich Nietzsche
(04-07-2010, 11:56 AM)unlegendary link Wrote: In my best whiny soccer mom voice.. \"Now that's just not funny!\"  :EB:

Hey, now that isn't funny..... :Confusedtern look::

It's hilarious (that's just me though)....  ;D

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.
(04-09-2010, 06:42 AM)Jenni link Wrote: [quote author=unlegendary link=topic=1595.msg9968#msg9968 date=1270659394]
In my best whiny soccer mom voice.. \"Now that's just not funny!\"  :EB:

Hey, now that isn't funny..... :Confusedtern look::

It's hilarious (that's just me though)....  ;D

Jenni
[/quote]
OH NOOOOOOO! Don't tell us your a...a...(slow deep drum roll) a soccer mom..  : X  If so then my heart goes out to you, but take heart because there is a solution. Just trade that mini-van in for a red sports car and sell those little soccer playing snots to a sweat shop in India somewhere.. You'll feel better.  (I do hope you don't actually believe I'm serious here. Big Grin.)
(04-10-2010, 10:35 AM)unlegendary link Wrote: OH NOOOOOOO! Don't tell us your a...a...(slow deep drum roll) a soccer mom..  : X  If so then my heart goes out to you, but take heart because there is a solution. Just trade that mini-van in for a red sports car and sell those little soccer playing snots to a sweat shop in India somewhere.. You'll feel better.  (I do hope you don't actually believe I'm serious here. Big Grin.)

Heh... I could never be a soccer mom... I'm lucky enough that I can deal with my own kid and a couple of her friends at one time.... If I had ever had to deal with a whole soccer team (even with other parents there) I would go postal.... Although, first I'd have to get out of my house without having a panic attack because I'm sure that soccer would be way out of my comfort zone of leaving my house by myself.... I'm lucky that I don't panic really bad when I go out with someone (that would be someone I know) anywhere... I do panic, but it's nowhere near as bad as when I have to go by myself.... I can go as far as the middle school alone, but the middle school isn't that far away, it's about a 10 minute walk (maybe 20 minutes if I take my time).....  That was a funny response though unlegendary...  ;D

Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.
You have no idea how relieved I am.. I was totally convinced that every woman on this site was going to attack me with a month long soccer mom diatribe until I was totally afraid to log in again. I've been carefully going through the mail opening letters and bills VERRRRY slowly in case one were to be loaded with explosives and I've been training my dog to be more aggressive toward mini vans..and I've been eying every kid I've seen wearing shorts, socks up to their knees running around with a phony smile pretending to be the next Pele.
I live in a neighborhood where the majority of the people are of central and south American decent so they play a LOT of soccer known to them as football.
It's been such a frightful week.. Thanks for being a hermit!  LOL
(04-14-2010, 12:39 PM)unlegendary link Wrote: You have no idea how relieved I am.. I was totally convinced that every woman on this site was going to attack me with a month long soccer mom diatribe until I was totally afraid to log in again. I've been carefully going through the mail opening letters and bills VERRRRY slowly in case one were to be loaded with explosives and I've been training my dog to be more aggressive toward mini vans..and I've been eying every kid I've seen wearing shorts, socks up to their knees running around with a phony smile pretending to be the next Pele.
I live in a neighborhood where the majority of the people are of central and south American decent so they play a LOT of soccer known to them as football.
It's been such a frightful week.. Thanks for being a hermit!  LOL

Smile Happy to help....  ;D

Jenni
Someone had to do it and I'll put in a recommendation for you as bravest non- soccer-mom of the year award so be prepared to give your acceptance speech on national TV on a huge stage with all the glitz and glory befitting a really bad actress getting her award for sleeping with the director of a shitty movie that got a shitload of national exposure and won only because she, the actress did a video where she...oh skip it..this is getting disgusting isn't it?  LOL
(04-15-2010, 08:18 PM)unlegendary link Wrote: Someone had to do it and I'll put in a recommendation for you as bravest non- soccer-mom of the year award so be prepared to give your acceptance speech on national TV on a huge stage with all the glitz and glory befitting a really bad actress getting her award for sleeping with the director of a shitty movie that got a shitload of national exposure and won only because she, the actress did a video where she...oh skip it..this is getting disgusting isn't it?  LOL

That depends on your definition.... If it fits your definition, then yes, this is getting disgusting.... Me, I have a slightly warped view of things..... Smile :pls:

Jenni

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  funny sites Thistle 4 2,576 01-11-2022, 02:50 PM
Last Post: nikoo_o
  Funny stuff that ..well..isn't funny.. unlegendary 6 2,917 04-14-2010, 01:22 PM
Last Post: unlegendary
  MAYBE THIS IS FUNNY % 1 1,550 01-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Lurker.In.The.Night
  FUNERAL PLANS ( its funny ) % 1 1,639 09-24-2009, 05:56 AM
Last Post: JenniLynne
  a funny comment Miki 3 2,485 09-16-2009, 07:05 AM
  random funny pic *new* linda_lou 10 5,378 05-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Last Post: linda_lou
  Funny Videos placid path 6 3,144 05-03-2009, 10:06 PM
  Funny Signs placid path 1 1,802 04-20-2009, 03:32 PM