Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Onion - "Suicide Attempts A Desperate Cry For Death"
Grim, but often true...

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/sui...perate_cry
Ya gotta love "The Onion"
I keep re-reading this - it may just be the most hilarious thing I've ever read.
wow this is much closer to the truth than one might originally think...
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot
This is so true in many cases. It is sad that most medical professionals simply will not even admit the possibility that some people might not have a true reason to live or have the right to end their lives. This is exactly what Dr. Kavorkian go in trouble for, helping people who had valid reasons to kill themselves end their lives. Heck and he didn't even go as far as this document states. The only people Dr. Kavorkian helped kill themselves were people who were either disabled or terminal and did not wish to go through the prolonged painful deaths they would have had had they not died via Kavorkians "Death Machine". Dr. Kavorkian spent many years in jail simply for trying to help people end their suffering. I personally have seen loved ones dear to me die of Cancer and have seen the prolonged pain and horrible lives they lead until they die, it is not right that they have to endure such things if medical professional, if given the right tools and legally allowed, could simply put them to sleep like we do our beloved pets when they get either too old or are in too much pain. How is it that we as humans can put down and animal and call it humane yet we let our fellow humans suffer until they die. Why is it inhumane to put a human to sleep and not the same for an animal? Why is it inhumane to put someone out of their misery? I believe if we have the right to live then we should also have the right to die. Well anyway now this is just turning into a rant so I will go. I just thought I would give my commentary on this subject.

~Light~
(05-02-2010, 02:01 AM)Light link Wrote: How is it that we as humans can put down and animal and call it humane yet we let our fellow humans suffer until they die. Why is it inhumane to put a human to sleep and not the same for an animal? Why is it inhumane to put someone out of their misery? I believe if we have the right to live then we should also have the right to die.
~Light~

These are very good points. We put animals out of their misery if they are suffering, but not humans.

My guess is that emotional bonds with animals are less than they are with humans. I've seen quite a few euthanasias on TV on the Animal Planet and they always make me tear up. It's an emotional experience to watch.  Sad

You know, Euthanasia isallowed in 4 states here in the USA now that I think about it. Oregon is one of the states I think. So it's not unheard of.
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Onion: Stouffers To Include Suicide Prevention Tips on Frozen Meals marga 3 2,458 04-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Last Post: unlegendary