Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing a screenplay
Some of you have read it, some not.. I'm a bit hesitant to make it public to much out of fear of it getting stolen, but I just sense folks here aren't that way or hope not.. It's copyrighted so I guess you can't do much to it without me taking you to court and winning hands down..
Anyone who cares to check out what I have so far its at:

http://www.zhura.com/script/view/47085/c...C1ommmHiiC

It's not nearly finished and is only the rough draft..It's based on the same article I posted by Jack London, A Piece of Steak.
"The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night" -- Friedrich Nietzsche
(02-09-2010, 12:31 AM)unlegendary link Wrote: Some of you have read it, some not.. I'm a bit hesitant to make it public to much out of fear of it getting stolen, but I just sense folks here aren't that way or hope not.. It's copyrighted so I guess you can't do much to it without me taking you to court and winning hands down..
Anyone who cares to check out what I have so far its at:

http://www.zhura.com/script/view/47085/c...C1ommmHiiC

It's not nearly finished and is only the rough draft..It's based on the same article I posted by Jack London, A Piece of Steak.

Looks interesting so far..... Reading a rough draft of a screenplay is a tad tough..... I can't wait to see what it looks like when you're finished...... Thanks so much for sharing it.....

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.
I read most of the original story and part of your screenplay while you and I were in chat. It's a good script, but so much will depend on the performances of the actors and the availability of a producer.

Woody
Thanks J and Woody, if it ever gets that far I'll die from a heart attack or crap my pants on the spot. Like I always said, if I hit the lotto and someone asks the first thing I'll buy... A life time supply of toilet paper.. I'll need it. Wink
"The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night" -- Friedrich Nietzsche
You know my thoughts on your work Smile

about copywriting.
when I first began writing music, I was paranoid about people stealing my work.
perhaps,  this was due to my basic and understadable mistrust of life.

anyways, by law as soon as your work is put out there,
it is copywrited.
I used to post my work to myself  with the date it was composed.
this action gives double the protection if your work is stolen.

It is rare for work to be actually stolen (though it does  happen).

Actually, in the US there is a things called authors copyright.  An item does not have to be copyrighted to be protected by copyright - the fact that one sets pen to paper and authors something unique is sufficient to provide copyright protection.  Of course, the ability to prove that *this* work in progress is yours and not the scribblings of some college student who needed it for one of his courses is up to you.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
The rest is there now.. no matter.. I'm done for good.