Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lyrical depression..
Well, I'm bummed out and know I must be the only person who has ever made this kind of mistake so now you can all throw rocks at me..
For YEARS..decades actually I thought a certain song had certain words and today I looked it up and I wasn't even close!
WHAT? It's THOSE WORDS? Unbelievable! How could he have written words that sounded so ... utterly different than what I had expected?
The song I'm talking about is Traveling Band by CCR.. Now be honest.. How many of you thought it says, "If I'm on the lamb tryin to get a hand, hey a little traveling band"? Well you were wrong.. You were SO wrong you ought to hang your head in shame like I am currently... OK..it's not THAT bad.. It goes.. "Well I'm flyin 'cross the land tryin to get a hand.."....DOH!

It kind of makes ya wanna look up every song you have wrong..

The best one i ever heard was my former brother in law.. He thought the CCR song, Bad Moon was referring to bathrooms..  "Yeah, the bathrooms on the right!" So I don't feel so bad after all..
In case you're like me and heard John Foggerty singing something else here it is in the entirety.. http://www.lyricsfreak.com/c/creedence+c...34317.html
"The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night" -- Friedrich Nietzsche
I'm too young to know these songs.  Tongue
"I want to thrive, not just survive." - Thrive, Switchfoot
;D

I always thought the lyrics to Hendrix' Purple Haze were "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy"

???  Who knew
"If I thought my answer were given to anyone who would ever return to the world, this flame would stand still without moving any further. But since never from this abyss has anyone ever returned alive, if what I hear is true, without fear of infamy I answer you.
- Dante "The Inferno"