Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
helping me with ruminating
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post. I remember reading somewhere a list of things that help with depression. I can't seem to find it now, so I'll just post here because it kinda fits anyways.
I went to my therapist on Wednesday and told her that when I lay down and it is quiet, I start ruminating about things. My mind seems to be racing because I'm hypo-manic. Anyways...she said that I should search for "soaking" music on my phone. I tried and couldn't find the app cause my phone is an old android. I ended up finding all kinds of good stuff on youtube though. Soaking music is soothing music. It can be instrumental or soft singing. I found some soaking music that also spoke healing scriptures. I used it yesterday when I was trying to rest and it did indeed help!
Something that also helps me is listening to K-Love on my phone. They have an app. It is very encouraging "christian" music. Just very uplifting not religious. I know a lot of us have busy minds and up to now I didn't know how to help mine.
I had to come share my success with you my friends. I searched on youtube for christian soaking music, but if you aren't into that, just search for soaking music.
I'm still hurting from the rejection of my once dearest friend, but I know I must let her go. She is not a real friend or she would have loved me where I am. I'm glad this happened because it has made me "review" my friendships to decide who I want in my inner circle. You all are in my inner circle because I can be totally real with you and you still love and encourage me. I'm not going to be so desperate for love anymore that I just give my heart to anyone who shows interest. Actually I've been praying for God to fill my "love tank" and have gotten peace.
I still can't thank you all enough for being such an important part of my recovery and some days my very existance. (I have no idea how to spell that word!)
Love and Peace XOXO
I listen to David Lanz a lot when I want something that will just let me relax.  He's, by no stretch, meditation music but his is some very relaxing "Relaxation Music"  (( I'd say that he's classed as New Age, but that has some very bad connotations with most Christians,  no?? ))

Here's one of my favourites ....

We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
(07-24-2015, 02:19 PM)Dragon Wrote: I listen to David Lanz a lot when I want something that will just let me relax.  He's, by no stretch, meditation music but his is some very relaxing "Relaxation Music"  (( I'd say that he's classed as New Age, but that has some very bad connotations with most Christians,  no?? ))

Here's one of my favourites ....

So beautiful! Thanks. I added him to my playlist.
Hello, do you know the name of any good artists? I can't seem to find this "soaking music", but it sounds like something I'd like. Thanks Smile
(06-05-2017, 01:25 PM)TheAppleBorrower Wrote: Hello, do you know the name of any good artists? I can't seem to find this "soaking music", but it sounds like something I'd like. Thanks Smile

I'm not sure. All I did was go to YouTube and search soaking music. There is a huge selection. Some isn't music. Just sounds of nature. I used it to help me sleep a few years ago. It worked great for me. Good luck!
Jenjen!!!  welcome back, you've been missed!!

And AppleBorrower, a warm  Thumb_smileyvault-welcome to you!  Stop by the intro area and tell us about yourself if/when you're ready.  Smile
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
jenjen!!! I've been thinking about you!!
(06-06-2017, 01:04 PM)Abzilla Wrote: jenjen!!! I've been thinking about you!!

Hello to you and nightsong!! I've missed you!! I've been in isolation because of the weight of my health problems. I'm always in pain and it takes a lot out of me mentally. I want to die. I need to die. I have my plan. Just one problem. My sons. So I stay alive for them. For now.
How are you girls?
Cry Cry   That sucks.  I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I admire your grit and determination to cope with the pain for the sake of your sons.
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
Oh jenjen, I'm sorry to read you're still in so much pain. Big hugs to you!

I've been having lots of mood swings - currently on an upswing though which is so much better than the alternative.

Thinking of you and hope you'll pop in from time to time.