Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving
As (nearly) always, I am VERY open to criticism of my works.  My Muse departed many years ago, and I haven't written anything good in a long time, so I hope to get suggestions about what I'm doing wrong, or how a piece can improve.  I recognize that I need to get back the feeling of meter, and right now I'm mostly drooling emotions onto the page, for example.

Background...I recently moved from where I lived for 16 years, and came to the realizatoin that my life is far worse than than when I started there.  And yes, I know the sound referenced in the first one...and it matched exactly.

Moving On

One last glance
  Before the packing tape
  Tears off the roll and
  Seals the last box
With the sound of a body bag zipping shut.

Copyright © 2009 Sadstguy
All Rights Reserved and all that.

Premature Interment

From within the boxes
  I hear the mournful screams
  Of a thousand memories,
  Not yet dead,
Begging for release from their tombs.

Copyright © 2009 Sadstguy
All Rights Reserved and all that.
Those are quite interesting works Sads..... Thank you for sharing them.....

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.
(05-11-2009, 01:03 PM)Jenni link Wrote: Those are quite interesting works Sads..... Thank you for sharing them.....

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni

Thank you, Jenni.  I appreciate that.
My only criticism, if it is one, is that there were only two of them.  Very good short feeling descriptions!!

//al
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
Sad,

I really enjoyed both of them. They bring forward the emotions of the move and moving on.  The pain and fear of packing up the memories both good and bad, trying to put them away, weeping and moving on.  There are so many meanings with the physical and emotional packing away of the memories and the anguish that goes with it.  Bravo my friend!

You shouldn't doubt your skills Sad.  These are great!

Mind
:hug06:

:H:
A wasted life! This sad refrain Comes surging through my ears again; ~Illawarra Mercury, April 8, 1884~
(05-11-2009, 11:18 PM)Dragon link Wrote: My only criticism, if it is one, is that there were only two of them.  Very good short feeling descriptions!!

//al

Thank you very much for such kind words.

It's odd...I can work on a sonnet for a long time and never get it right, and then these thoughts that just flowed out without thought--it was just more like "reporting"--seem to have been liked.

I've always said that my subconscious is brighter than my conscious.  I think this is good evidence for that!

--S
(05-11-2009, 11:32 PM)MindCubicle link Wrote: Sad,

I really enjoyed both of them. They bring forward the emotions of the move and moving on.  The pain and fear of packing up the memories both good and bad, trying to put them away, weeping and moving on.  There are so many meanings with the physical and emotional packing away of the memories and the anguish that goes with it.  Bravo my friend!

You shouldn't doubt your skills Sad.  These are great!

Mind
:hug06:

:H:

It's good to know that those things came across.  Thank you for your encouragement.

:H2:

--S
they're beautiful...
"If I thought my answer were given to anyone who would ever return to the world, this flame would stand still without moving any further. But since never from this abyss has anyone ever returned alive, if what I hear is true, without fear of infamy I answer you.
- Dante "The Inferno"
(05-16-2009, 12:50 PM)liz link Wrote: they're beautiful...

Thank you.  Smile

Apparently, a friend (Kay Flood) didn't appreciate them, because she sent me these re-writes...

MOVING ON

One last glance
    before closing the door
    on old baggage.
    Sealing the last box,
encasing the memories worth taking to new horizons.

Timely Interment

From within the sealed boxes
  I hear the moans of failed neuroses.
  Gnashing their teeth at their failure
  To prevent my growth and happiness.
Perhaps, not yet dead, but happily well on their way.