Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Note
I you feel like being really misanthropic and hateful (or simly like a good thriller / mind game series), Death Note might be for you. It happens to be pretty much the only anime I've liked (out of the tens I've seen / seen some of), and, at the same time, one of my favorite series to date. Simple premise: A bored student, Light Yagami, happens upon a supernatural book which has the persons whose names you write in it die. So our soon-to-be-anti-hero decides to rid the world of all criminals, and to become, well, god (in his mind, anyway). Naturally, he meets resistance by the typical do-gooders, and a nicely written and somewhat intricate mind-game (with a few plot contrivances near the end) unfolds. 37 twenty-minute episodes.

There's no real trailer for the series, so you'll just have to give it a try, if you like. I recommend the Japanese-language version. [There are a couple of live action films as well, but they look lame to me when compared to the anime - 'course, some of you might not be able to stand anime way, shape or form.]

Messages In This Thread
Death Note - by Boolse - 10-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Re: Death Note - by Dragon - 10-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Re: Death Note - by Boolse - 10-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Re: Death Note - by Dragon - 10-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Re: Death Note - by Boolse - 10-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Re: Death Note - by snuggles - 10-04-2009, 08:53 PM