Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for a friend, especially in New York
If you are struggling to communicate, perhaps try writing about neutral things at first?

Yeah, it was tough to get help for my friend. I was talking to her on the phone while she was trying to CTB, so I knew exactly what she was doing: taking massive amounts of psych meds of various types, drinking a huge amount of alcohol, and cutting deep. By time I called, she was really out of it and kept saying, "I don't know why I am still conscious!" She outed herself, when I asked, and told me everything. Even so, with all that information, it was hard to get the 911 people to take my call seriously, especially given I only knew her name and phone number.

After it was all over and she was (eventually) released from the hospital, she did not remember speaking to me during the event. She said that she was told, several days after the event when conscious and semi-functional, that the fire department had kicked down her front door and found her unconscious on the floor in a pool of blood. She could not figure out how they knew to come after her.

They say, love is not about what we say but about what we do. I guarantee, what your friend did was very difficult. She must truly care deeply about you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: looking for a friend, especially in New York - by SuperHeroAnimals - 09-09-2018, 08:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad In DESPERATE need of a friend please 11dimension 8 9,838 02-14-2018, 02:55 AM
Last Post: bloom4