Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My account was deleted! Why??
I've had a bit of an exchange with a new non-member that I thought I'd like to share with everyone.

I deleted the account as it violated our terms of service and essentially irritated me.  His first post was a longish one - basically a diatribe 'defending his right' to kill himself.  I think he realized he wasn't making friends so he deleted that message himself and followed it up with a message asking for the web address of a website with 'proven and painless methods.'  

In the first place, I don't know of any ... I know of one who has a list of proven methods but they definitely aren't painless (it's been mentioned here in passing before.)  In the second place, if I were to tell him of such a site and he were to successfully kill himself the chances are good that a forensic examination of his computer could bring undesirable attention to the forum.

He then followed that up with this in an email:
Quote:You are such liars - your very domain name is false and misleading and you should be ashamed of yourself!

If you don't respect a person's right to choose, then call yourself suicideprevention.com

You are disgusting!!

I disagree with the comment about the domain name since the introduction states that it's a support site for the "minority of people who spend years and even decades living with constant suicidal ideation while rarely reaching a crisis point. ... This website is intended to be a resource for the chronically suicidal." I would have thought that anyone reading the intro would see that. Obviously not.

I absolutely respect your right to choose death over life. I've talked with people here who have gone to on to kill themselves. It's their choice and I do respect that, but that said, that doesn't mean that I won't miss them. If you want to kill yourself, I'm not going to do anything to try to stop you - but don't ask me to help you.

Gee, I'm sorry you feel that way ....

And the above quote is what I had in my email this morning, thanks for helping me start my day off in a less than desirable mood.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller

Messages In This Thread
My account was deleted! Why?? - by Dragon - 08-10-2018, 09:07 AM
RE: My account was deleted! Why?? - by nightsong - 08-10-2018, 09:33 AM
RE: My account was deleted! Why?? - by Ashley - 08-10-2018, 10:13 AM
RE: My account was deleted! Why?? - by Dragon - 08-10-2018, 02:07 PM
RE: My account was deleted! Why?? - by Satiny - 08-10-2018, 02:11 PM