Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of Suicide … Within Limits
You know, it's interesting. There are certain explicit differences between a blog and a forum. In a forum, you have cross-member communication, and each member has an account and comes back to it (if they so choose), so you can kind of follow certain individuals through their posts. In a blog, you don't have that same continuity. Like she mentioned, you will have one member comment on how hopeless they feel, but you don't see that the person is doing better.

I like the way this forum is run in that the talk of suicide is not something that is immediately taboo. One of the few people I have told I am suicidal opened up the conversation of suicide. Instead of immediately jumping to "no, suicide is bad!", we had an interesting conversation about humanity's tendency towards suicide and death (he's a philosopher who believes that at the very core, every person wants to end their lives). Being able to talk about it without judgment brought a great sense of catharsis. This forum helps to allow these sorts of conversations to happen. The way you describe this forum is as a space where people can discuss ideas, topics, or situations and receive support without judgment and also without discussion of methods.
“The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.” Friedrich Nietzsche

This, too, shall pass.

Messages In This Thread
Speaking of Suicide … Within Limits - by Dragon - 08-18-2017, 07:06 PM
RE: Speaking of Suicide … Within Limits - by Jmliliana - 08-23-2017, 10:58 PM