Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deleting Messages
Eight Ball, actually you're not and the one that you wanted flushed was *not* the problem. (though I really did wonde rwhy you wanted it deleted, it was a good post)

Earlier in that thread, one post had gotten deleted and its disappearance made the remainder of the thread look odd. That however did prompt me to go looking for other messages that had been marked for deletion - and when they're marked for deletion the staff (actively, that's NightSong and myself) can see them but no one else can - I did find where *another* user had deleted several of their posts thus leaving the threads really "messed up"; messages that had been quoted, weren't there for example.

Oddly, I cannot find a function within the forum system that tells me what messages are awaiting permanent removal, so that means I'm gradually looking through all the old threads. One of the joys of being a webmaster / forum admin.... oh well, that's what they pay me the pittance for, right (( and if you're wondering - no one pays me!! ))

I'll tell you when you really screw up, you don't have to try to take the blame for something you didn't do....
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller

Messages In This Thread
Deleting Messages - by Dragon - 06-06-2015, 12:43 AM
RE: Deleting Messages - by Eight Ball - 06-07-2015, 10:53 AM
RE: Deleting Messages - by Dragon - 06-07-2015, 12:21 PM