Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This I Believe
(05-24-2015, 06:46 PM)NightSong Wrote: EightBall there is absolutely no reason to apologize!!!!  I do talk about church a lot, and given that Christianity is the predominant religion in my country, it was certainly a reasonable conclusion to make!  No worries!!! Smiley-hug008

In other amusing news, this happened to me the other night:

Some Baptists were going door to door last night to invite everyone to their church. At our house they found they had questions instead of answers when I explained that I'm a Unitarian Universalist.

They had heard of it but didn't really know about it, so they were curious about our "doctrine". I explained that one of our principles is the free and responsible search for truth and meaning for each person, which means that each person can believe something entirely different than the next in regards to God and Jesus. Perplexed, they asked how we can build fellowship with people of so many different beliefs.

My simple reply was, "We choose to."

So I meant to ask in my original post.... what do YOU (as in, everyone that cares to share) believe?
All I know is from my experiences. I am fascinated by Jesus. I have studied him by reading the gospels in the bible.  I believe him to be God in the form of man. He came to save the hurting and is a bridge to a personal relationship with God the father.  I talk to God all the time and He helps me live. I find encouragement and peace from reading the Psalms.  I believe it's author David had some mental illness. I LOVE Psalm 18. God is very real to me. He never leaves me even though I mess up all the time.  I guess that's it. I don't have all the answers. The older I get the more I realize this. Peace and love ♡

Messages In This Thread
This I Believe - by nightsong - 05-19-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: This I Believe - by Eight Ball - 05-24-2015, 07:52 AM
RE: This I Believe - by jenjen - 05-25-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: This I Believe - by nightsong - 05-24-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: This I Believe - by jenjen - 05-25-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: This I Believe - by Dragon - 05-25-2015, 07:14 PM