Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This I Believe
A splinter thread from the WOW. I just found this site! thread in the Intro section.

(05-17-2015, 05:28 PM)Eight Ball Wrote: Dear jenjen,

I know that NightSong is devoutly Christian and is very active in her church and receives support from her religious life and community which she often openly shares with us.

LOL.  Just for the sake of clarification, while I am very active in my church and receive good support from there, I am NOT a Christian.  I am a Unitarian Universalist, and while there are many Christians in our denomination, in general UU's believe that Jesus was a very good man that taught wonderful things, but was not necessarily divine.  Personally, I'm rather apathetic to the issue.  I do believe in some form of higher power, but whether you call it God/Goddess/Goodness/Gaia/Buddha/Allah, etc. is really not important to me, nor is whether Jesus was or wasn't divine or the son of that higher power.

That being said, I have no judgement for Christians.  Our Fourth Principle is to promote a free and responsible search for truth and meaning.  As my minister says, "I believe to the core of my being that this is true and right.  AND, I could be absolutely wrong." 
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist

Messages In This Thread
This I Believe - by nightsong - 05-19-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: This I Believe - by Eight Ball - 05-24-2015, 07:52 AM
RE: This I Believe - by jenjen - 05-25-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: This I Believe - by nightsong - 05-24-2015, 06:46 PM
RE: This I Believe - by jenjen - 05-25-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: This I Believe - by Dragon - 05-25-2015, 07:14 PM