Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, I screwed up!!!
I've looked at several different chat options and have a few observations:
  • I want the chat module to reside with our account on our server.  It may just be me trying to be overprotective, but I don't want anyone else to monitor our chat at all!.
  • There are some interesting chat modules our there. one of the better ones only costs $399 ... anyone want to sponsor it, 'cause I sure can't afford that! (( That's rhetorical, I don't expect anyone to offer. ))
  • If you notice, there is a chat bar at the bottom of the screen.  It's strictly one on one at the moment.  The author has indicated that he'd like to make a group chat but hasn't put a time line on that.  While I'm not a chatty person (just ask anyone who's gotten me on the phone!) I like group chat!
  • To use the chat bar:
    • [li]Click on "Who's Online" and select the user with whom you want to chat.  That will open a, non movable damnit, chat window
    • Enter your text in the box at the bottom of the window.  Note that the more you type, the slower the chat will be.  Smaller comments work MUCH better than one line comment.
    • The chat box can be minimized and restored, if it gets in your way, without losing the conversation.
    • One interesting side effect, if you select another language, the entire page is translated (might be something for those who aren't native English speakers?)
    [/li]

For the time being, I'll say this is temporary until I find another, better chat option.  But as someone told me yesterday "It's better than nothin'"
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller

Messages In This Thread
Okay, I screwed up!!! - by Dragon - 05-11-2014, 09:18 PM
Re: Okay, I screwed up!!! - by JenniLynne - 05-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Re: Okay, I screwed up!!! - by liz - 05-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Re: Okay, I screwed up!!! - by nightsong - 05-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Re: Okay, I screwed up!!! - by Dragon - 05-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Re: Okay, I screwed up!!! - by Dragon - 05-16-2014, 10:40 AM
Re: Okay, I screwed up!!! - by nightsong - 05-16-2014, 11:23 AM