Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's see ....
I guess, I'm not in the right mood now to create the thread, that I was going to create, and I'm not sure when I'll be. So, I might as well just address the "Why"s (and "Why not"s) for now.

First of all, I apologize if anyone feels, that the very idea of looking for a girlfriend / boyfriend in a suicide-related forum is a bad taste, annoying or even offensive.

But what exactly is so tasteless, annoying or offensive about it?

Is the very idea of a chronically suicidal person looking for a significant other so bad ?
( Or is it so bad if they look just for a date ? Personally, I do not, but sure I don't judge people who do. )

Or is it just a wrong place ?

Some say, we'll just drag each other deeper into depression, but doesn't the very existence of this forum speak against it, or at least in favor of taking this risk?

Some say, that people with suicidal thoughts are (likely to be) unable to maintain a relationship.
Basically, they say, that we should first cure ourselves, before we look for love.
My take on this:
I for one don't look for a cure from within.
Some of the reasons for considering to end my life are innate attributes of my soul, and I don't want to (and even can't) change it.
Some of the reasons are related to certain unfortunate events and unfortunate decisions I made - I don't want any help "to cope" with it either. These bad things grow so strong only because the good, enjoyable, exciting things are too few and too weak.
The only thing, that would make my stay in this world worth it, would be if I found a kindred soul, and there was at least a bit of physical attraction.

Is it so weird to wish to find a significant other, who shares your believes regarding the right to die?
Or can understand the beauty of the abyss, void, nothingness?

Assuming, you agree, that such a wish is not wrong,
where can you look for a person like this?
We are so few, that it may take forever to sift through friendship & dating sites, before you find a like-minded guy/girl. Some of these sites seem to ban/delete accounts for suicide-related tags / profile text. Some others don't, but many people don't know it, and are afraid that it might happen ("so, why bother"). Also, it takes some courage to mention this topic in your profile (or keywords), because there's a possibility of harassment by anti-choice vigilantes. Also, there're some problems with maintaining your privacy on such sites (though I'd rather not go into details). Let's face it: we are the new public enemy, the outcast, the ones who should keep silent. So, why not band together and at least create a chance for like-minded people to find happiness in this world?

I guess, the cat out of the bag. Yeah, it was my idea to create this section. It's not like I want to take the credit. It's more like taking the responsibility and bad rep >.>

I would be glad if someone (besides me) found this idea useful and posted a profile (a request, an ad... however we call it) before me.
I guess, it would be better if anyone, who posts a profile, creates a new thread.
Please feel free to include as few or as many details about yourself and the one you're looking for.

[Image: abdQD0T8.jpg]
( credit for the image: flowerdrop )

Messages In This Thread
Let's see .... - by Dragon - 11-11-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Let's see .... - by nightsong - 12-18-2014, 03:22 PM
RE: Let's see .... - by Dragon - 12-18-2014, 03:46 PM
RE: Let's see .... - by bloom4 - 02-14-2018, 03:25 AM
RE: Let's see .... - by kwpastorwife - 06-14-2018, 03:57 PM
RE: Let's see .... - by UnicornSmudge - 06-12-2018, 10:49 PM
RE: Let's see .... - by Satiny - 06-13-2018, 02:27 AM
Re: Let's see .... - by Brightshadow - 11-13-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: Let's see .... - by jumper - 12-17-2014, 07:11 PM