Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Defective Parrot
To be honest, i didn't laugh, because I loved this statement even more than the punchline:
(08-28-2012, 11:21 AM)Dragon link Wrote:    He has a great sense of humor, he's interesting, he's a great pal, he understands everything, he sympathizes, and he's insightful.

I know lots of people with some of these qualities. but i never met anyone with all of them. The one trait most people don't have is "understands everything". God knows i'm even more deficient than average in this regard. But this parrot understands suffering, pain and can sympathize with people.

This parrot is far from defective, i'd argue he's a more perfect being than most living things on this earth, humans included. If i met this parrot I'd be honoured to be his friend. I'd ask to buy him, i may even physically possess him, but i could never truly "own" him.

I'd advise the owner in the story to give up the wife, the parrot is a better companion than her.

I was actually thinking near the end the punchline was that this parrot was God or a ghost, or some other metaphysical being. I couldn't believe anything that virtuous could be a mundane bird.
I don't say much because I don't know what to say... so i give out hugs instead.

Messages In This Thread
The Defective Parrot - by Dragon - 08-28-2012, 11:21 AM
RE: The Defective Parrot - by SuperHeroAnimals - 09-09-2018, 02:46 AM
Re: The Defective Parrot - by Speckle - 08-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Re: The Defective Parrot - by liz - 08-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Re: The Defective Parrot - by Lurker.In.The.Night - 09-22-2012, 07:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Parrot Dragon 2 2,166 09-09-2018, 02:52 AM
Last Post: SuperHeroAnimals