Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art is entertainment, right?
Okay, I'm going completely off topic - way off topic - here. But I know we have a very catholic crowd here so ....

I was out at my storage shed the other day and looked at four painting I have. 

Two were done by an artist in Louisiana - Mary Tannous from Lake Charles;  I know that shé had at least a couple of exhibitions at MSU ( McNeese State University in LC ) and her work is exceptionally realistic portrayals of Cajun life.  But for some reason I am unable to find anything about her on the web.  I haven't been back to LC in years and have no idea where she is or what she's doing, does anyone??

Now for the artists in the crowd.  When my uncle died, I was given [among other things] these two pictures.  They both appear to be watercolors APP 2 X 3 feet in size my guess is that they were (last) framed between 40 - 50 years ago - they do NOT appear to be lithographs, but then I could be wrong

The first is what I call sewing:
[Image: 2_18_04_10_11_10_08.jpeg]

and the artists signature is:

[Image: 2_18_04_10_11_11_31.jpeg]

the other is:
[Image: 2_18_04_10_11_12_27.jpeg]

and the signature on it is:

[Image: 2_18_04_10_11_13_22.jpeg]

So okay, don't tell me that I should NOT have tried to use my cell to take pictures of pictures outdoors ... I can see that already.

What I'd really like is for someone to tell me that they recognize one of these artists and that I have a picture that's worth - oh, let's say - 3 or 4 million USD -- fat chance, but I can wish, can't I?

But just for the sake of curiousity, does anyone recognize the sig on either of these watercolors, can you identify the artist, are they worth anything?  Not that I'm interested in selling ( but might if they really are worth anything )

PS:  I told you this was about as off topic as it gets!
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller

Messages In This Thread
Art is entertainment, right? - by Dragon - 04-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Re: Art is entertainment, right? - by unlegendary - 04-23-2010, 05:11 PM