Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strength II
the prose grows, an attempt to purge myself of toxic feelings.

siasl

At the edge of the Abyss, the Darkness and the Peace it proclaims calls to me.  It takes all the strength that I have to resist the Darkness, and the false-peace that its' Siren Song promises to me.  Daily I continue to try.

The Darkness is a thief most foul, and many weapons are its' arsenal. I have girded my loins with my strength, to fend off the Darkness, that wily trickster and deceiver of souls. False Peace beckons to me, calls me by name, promising reunion with souls who have gone on before.

Cursed Siren Song, that beguiling, sweet sound that pierces my soul. Be gone, I cry, be gone, temptress most foul! Thou art not for me now, I wilst not hear thee, I wilst not feel thee! Thy pain melts my soul, and I am weak before thee. Some wouldst give thee what thy wish, than suffer thy pain another moment. Thy friend, Darkness, hath pierced my very heart, it has been rend asunder, and I am broken. Thy friend and thee wouldst wish that I be broken always, but only time, temptress most foul, only time speaks with veracity. Tis true, I am broken now, but it shall not always be. I deny thee! I deny thee, temptress! Thy friend and thee are Hell spawn, dwellers in the Abyss. I will not join thee in the Abyss today, Demons, nay, I shall bind my wounds and take my leave of thee.

For another voice calls my name, just as beguiling, just as sweet. She is no thief like The Darkness, and does not dwell in yonder Abyss. She desires not to pierce my heart, nor melt my soul in anguish. She is The Light, counter to The Darkness and The Abyss. Tho I am broken, she hugs me to her bossom, and wouldst help make me whole yet again. The journey, still mine alone, but she wouldst be my guide and protectress, sheparding me on that long, lonesome, path.
I am rather enjoying reading your prose..... I hope it is helping (since you said it is an attempt to purge yourself of toxic feelings) you......  :hug08:

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
The Eleventh Doctor: Nobody important? Blimey, that's amazing. You know that in nine hundred years of time and space and I've never met anybody who wasn't important before.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  strength siasl 5 2,559 08-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Last Post: snuggles