Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Anyone Here Non Christian?
I've known a lot of pagans in my time. I've been into the Qabbalah for years. Something that always kind of irked me was that so many people like to give themselves these grandiose titles like "High Priestess", when all they really are is leader of a little esoteric chess club.

I knew someone once who claimed to be a Wiccan 'High Pristess', yet she also went on about being a devout Satanist, too. She turned out to be a really nasty piece of work who took pleasure in stirring up trouble between people.

That was a real wake-up call for me about being very cautious about taking these glamorous, self-assigned titles seriously.

And BTW I declare myself King of my street...
(05-04-2009, 06:29 PM)Beacon link Wrote: I've known a lot of pagans in my time. I've been into the Qabbalah for years. Something that always kind of irked me was that so many people like to give themselves these grandiose titles like \"High Priestess\", when all they really are is leader of a little esoteric chess club.

I knew someone once who claimed to be a Wiccan 'High Pristess', yet she also went on about being a devout Satanist, too. She turned out to be a really nasty piece of work who took pleasure in stirring up trouble between people.

That was a real wake-up call for me about being very cautious about taking these glamorous, self-assigned titles seriously.

Well one thing the "grandiose title" is only distinction between those Wiccan who practice solitarily in which case they are their own priest or priestess and those who lead a group. The high doesnt mean above others. A high priest and high priestess are not more powerful or better than the others. Also one who gets the title high priest or priestess cant do so unless they have been initiated into a Wiccan tradition and worked their way up to the third degree. If they havent reached the third degree and call them selves a high priest or priestess then their lying to you or they dont know much about Wicca at all and thus arent Wiccan. That woman your explaining wasn't a Wiccan. She might have said she was a Wiccan but Wiccans don't worship Satan nor are we allowed to do harm to others. Since she seems to have done both she was not a Wiccan. Please don't judge an entire community or faith based on what you have seen a hand full of people do. I could just as easily say bad things about any religion or even atheist. Sorry I don't mean to sound mean but I dont like it when people disrespect my beliefs.

~Light~
religious talk of any stripe can get heated very easily.

everybody, please remember, challenge the issue but not the person.

thank you

:ht:
(05-04-2009, 08:18 PM)Light link Wrote:
Quote:I've known a lot of pagans in my time. I've been into the Qabbalah for years. Something that always kind of irked me was that so many people like to give themselves these grandiose titles like \"High Priestess\", when all they really are is leader of a little esoteric chess club.

Well one thing the "grandiose title" is only distinction between those Wiccan who practice solitarily in which case they are their own priest or priestess and those who lead a group. The high doesnt mean above others. A high priest and high priestess are not more powerful or better than the others. Also one who gets the title high priest or priestess cant do so unless they have been initiated into a Wiccan tradition and worked their way up to the third degree. If they havent reached the third degree and call them selves a high priest or priestess then their lying to you or they dont know much about Wicca at all and thus arent Wiccan. That woman your explaining wasn't a Wiccan. She might have said she was a Wiccan but Wiccans don't worship Satan nor are we allowed to do harm to others. Since she seems to have done both she was not a Wiccan. Please don't judge an entire community or faith based on what you have seen a hand full of people do. I could just as easily say bad things about any religion or even atheist. Sorry I don't mean to sound mean but I dont like it when people disrespect my beliefs.

~Light~

Don't worry, I'm not going to judge the Wiccan community based on someone who struck me as a complete fraud. I'm just airing caution about people claiming exotic titles in general.

I met someone who claimed to be a sorcerer. He said he could conjure up a spirit in a bottle. I said "I'd like to see that." but then he made an excuse about how he couldn't actually show me him doing it for some bullshit reason...
(05-04-2009, 08:31 PM)Beacon link Wrote: I met someone who claimed to be a sorcerer. He said he could conjure up a spirit in a bottle. I said \"I'd like to see that.\" but then he made an excuse about how he couldn't actually show me him doing it for some bullshit reason...

pfffft.  any good distiller can do that  :clchk:
(05-04-2009, 03:44 PM)Light link Wrote: I am currently an solitary practitioner of the Wiccan faith. I am however hoping to join a coven one day and eventually become a high priest. (if I live that long that is)

~Light~

I wish you all the best in your goal Light.  I have every faith you will achieve this important stage in your spiritual pursuits.  You’ve stated more than once your willingness and drive to learn.  These two qualities alone will carry you far down whatever path you choose.

Take good care,

:ht:  Ez
All human beings should try to learn before they die what they are running from, and to, and why.<br /> - James Thurber
I like it when people can't handle simple things like "christianity" haw haw
We had this conversation in chat, murmur. Christianity is far from simple. Over 2,000 years it has accreted lots of complexities.

And, just for clarification, I believe you are talking about your own inability to handle Christianity as opposed to commenting on someone else's situation, nyet?

Woody

PS: I like your avatar. Who is that guy?
Anyone who thinks they are completely deprogrammed after dropping christianity as their religion is a liar. I would like to think its that simple.
I have deleted three posts in this thread because they violate forum rules. Calling people names is not permitted here, as is challenging the person rather than the issue.

And it's not a matter of "muzzling" anyone. It's a matter of encouraging people to express themselves constructively.

Woody