Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What, nothing new??
Sometimes I log in and see new messages, more often than not I don't.  But that could be for a couple of different reasons.

The first is that many people on the web simply "Reload this page" to see what's new - that doesn't work here (damnit!)  You must click on either "View New Posts" or "View Today's Posts" to see what's new.

The other is that there may really not be anything new ... but you can do your part to fix that.  Just stop in and say "Hi!" and let us know what's happening.  We really do want to hear from you.

I know that "life" being what it is there are times -- days, weeks, months -- where we really don't feel like talking to anyone, even if that someone is a nebulous being located somewhere "out there" and that's okay, too.  When you feel like it, say something; when you don't - well, you don't.  No big deal.
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Dragon for this post:
  • nikoo_o
Thanks, now I have Somewhere Out There stuck in my head.  Tongue
Quote:"You'd be a lot safer & a lot happier if you were dumber."- My Therapist
(08-03-2017, 09:32 AM)Dragon Wrote: The first is that many people on the web simply "Reload this page" to see what's new - that doesn't work here (damnit!)  You must click on either "View New Posts" or "View Today's Posts" to see what's new.
Really? That's worked for me.. I usually just reload the page and I can see new posts.

We should start a game! I've seen some fun games on this forum. Any ideas?
“The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.” Friedrich Nietzsche

This, too, shall pass.

In a previous existence we had some games on the forum. I switched from SMF to MyBB mostly because - at the time - SMF support was having some internal problems, bugs weren't being fixed, etc. One of the nice things about SMF was that they did have a good selection of games and they were easy to implement.

MyBB - to my knowledge, and I've looked - doesn't have a decent game plugin (there is one and the fellow who wrote it has been banned from the MyBB community) I tried to install it before but with no documentation it's difficult at best and I had to restore the forum after I did the "install". I was not a happy camper! The authors response was "If you support me, I'll help you." Less of a happy camper ...

I just took a look and I can't see anything new for "games". The one author who wrote a game plugin is on his own forum and there is still no documentation on how to install and I have to admit, I'm real gun shy about trying his "upgraded version".
We live by each other and for each other. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much.
-- Helen Keller
(08-03-2017, 11:25 PM)Jmliliana Wrote: Really? That's worked for me.. I usually just reload the page and I can see new posts.

That's really odd but different browsers (I've used current FireFox and Chrome) may respond differently. What are you using? The other difference is that don't think I've logged off since Hector and Methuselah were friends, I keep a connection to the forum open constantly.

Quien Sabe??
-- Helen Keller
Well we don't need implemented games in the style of video games… . I thought Jmlilianas post refers to typical forum games like "association" or something like "say something nice about the person that posted before me" or "a chain of words". But maybe i got her wrong.
And I can also see new posts by just reloading …
A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die. ~ F. Kafka
I use Chrome and Microsoft Edge. And yes, I was referring to what Satiny was saying.
“The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night.” Friedrich Nietzsche

This, too, shall pass.

If you're referring to games like this I see no reason that they couldn't be put in "Happy Halls"

Be brave, just start something - I dare ya, in fact I double dare ya!!
-- Helen Keller
Took your double dare! Too bad it wasn't a double dog dare Tongue

This, too, shall pass.