Chronic Suicide Support
Mazes - Printable Version

+- Chronic Suicide Support (https://www.chronicsuicidesupport.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.chronicsuicidesupport.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Creative Outlets * (https://www.chronicsuicidesupport.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Mazes (/showthread.php?tid=2770)

Mazes - oblivion - 06-06-2016

Normally writing is my creative outlet but when I was in hospital someone gave me graph paper and I started making mazes.  Not sure why. Thought I would share a partial one here as an idea for other.  I found it stopped the thoughts. Writing sometimes encourages them.

RE: Mazes - Dragon - 06-06-2016

I hope you're happy, I now have a headache!!!!

RE: Mazes - Lurker.In.The.Night - 06-07-2016

(06-06-2016, 08:26 PM)oblivion Wrote: Normally writing is my creative outlet but when I was in hospital someone gave me graph paper and I started making mazes.  Not sure why. Thought I would share a partial one here as an idea for other.  I found it stopped the thoughts. Writing sometimes encourages them.

Wow that looks pretty cool! You could make a lot of them and then print a maze book and sell it.

You'd be rich. $$$$

I suspect an adult coloring book would have the same effect on you. Wink

RE: Mazes - oblivion - 06-07-2016

Sorry Dragon. Thanks Lurker.In.The.Night for the complements. Not sure about the rich part! Adult colouring didn't seem as creative to me and didn't occupy as many brain cells.

RE: Mazes - Abzilla - 06-08-2016

Wow, that's very detailed! You really have a talent for drawing mazes. I agree with Lurker - you could make a book!

I learned that I really love colouring the first time I was in the hospital - this is before adult colouring books were such a big thing. I also found out that I like word searches, and jigsaw puzzles. Whatever it takes to keep the mind occupied, I guess!

Oh, and writing has the same effect on me - just rehashing the same old thoughts. One of the nurses suggested ending my writing sessions with 3 (or so) things I am grateful for. It sounds hokey, but it did help change my mindset when I was done writing. Eventually that morphed into just doing a gratitude journal (which has been sadly neglected so quite some time!)

RE: Mazes - Lurker.In.The.Night - 06-09-2016

Well, if Oblivion made a book I'd certainly buy it and then promptly realize Oblivion is much better at making the mazes than I am at solving them! They look complex. :o

RE: Mazes - oblivion - 06-09-2016

I've since taken to making labyrinths instead of mazes. They are more complex to make but really easy to solve: there is only one way in and out. No dead ends or wrong turns! It is funny because I really didn't view them as praise worthy and when I get praise I find it puts pressure on me to make the next one better and of course I'm convinced I'll fail. I have actually stopped sharing them with anyone for that reason.

RE: Mazes - Lurker.In.The.Night - 06-10-2016

You don't need to make them better, just make them different. They're good enough as is!

Sorry for all the peer pressure though. Don't give into it! D:

Just do you. Smile