Chronic Suicide Support

Full Version: [Article] Irritability, Anger Indicators of Complex, Severe Depression
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting article ... I think I've said several times that my depression often comes out as anger directed at no one in particular. At the very least the study shows I'm not completely nuts ... or am I?

I've been there before, often enough that I have a free account that lets me browse the articles and there seem to be a plethora of articles regarding depression and related.
(12-21-2017, 09:42 AM)Dragon Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting article ... I think I've said several times that my depression often comes out as anger directed at no one in particular.  At the very least the study shows I'm not completely nuts ... or am I?

You aren't completely nuts.

A lot of time when I am feeling depressed it comes out as anger or irritability. The more depressed I feel, the worse it gets.
I'm incredibly angry and combative lately. Just pissed 24/7 and don't want to be around people at all or have any connection to them. Cheerfulness of others annoys me. Alas it is the holiday season.
Well, good news is that I had a better day today with this. I wasn't irritable, angry or combative. I did think a lot about how pointless life is though (at least mine) and still don't really care about connecting to anybody which is not my usual at all. Usually I am lonely which means at least I am trying to reach out and connect to the world, to somebody, or something but I've discovered a way around this...which is to attempt to push the world away. If the world doesn't want me, then I don't want it. Why try?

I did feel some enjoyment being around my family this Christmas Eve though which is good.