Chronic Suicide Support

Full Version: Ghostbusters and other "summer" movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of course it's winter here in this hemisphere, but if I spend enough time on the internet I can almost pretend...
I watched Ghostbusters with my parents the other night, and I found it a wonderful movie- very light-hearted, charming and funny. I heard mixed accounts on both sides of the feminism fence objecting to elements in the film, but it handled the all-female cast and the jokes very well. And it has a positive, visibly queer female character! Something for everyone, I hope. A great bit of escapism.

What summer movies are people looking forward to, or have enjoyed?
I don't have a theatre close to me and I refuse to pay the prices that NetFlix wants for the few movies that I would actually watch. So I end up watching the reruns of the TV series' At the moment I'm watching the Canadian series 'Heartland' though I did recently watch the Australian series - about where Aus is invaded and a group of kids, become heroes by defending the country from 'Hell'. And I can't remember the name of the books or the TV series (the same name).
For the summer I saw warcraft for a meetup.com thing a few weeks ago; it was okay, but I mostly saw it as a long time fan of the games.

There are movies I would like to watch that recently came out, but I don't have anyone to go with, nor do I want to pay that much to go, so I'm staying home.
It's funny how all movies have their formulas and I'll end up remembering very little about them, but I want to see what happens in them anyways -- kinda like real life.

I want to eventually see:
Finding Dory
Startrek Beyond
Life of Pets