Chronic Suicide Support

Full Version: Mazes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Normally writing is my creative outlet but when I was in hospital someone gave me graph paper and I started making mazes.  Not sure why. Thought I would share a partial one here as an idea for other.  I found it stopped the thoughts. Writing sometimes encourages them.
I hope you're happy, I now have a headache!!!!
(06-06-2016, 08:26 PM)oblivion Wrote: [ -> ]Normally writing is my creative outlet but when I was in hospital someone gave me graph paper and I started making mazes.  Not sure why. Thought I would share a partial one here as an idea for other.  I found it stopped the thoughts. Writing sometimes encourages them.

Wow that looks pretty cool! You could make a lot of them and then print a maze book and sell it.

You'd be rich. $$$$

I suspect an adult coloring book would have the same effect on you. Wink
Sorry Dragon. Thanks Lurker.In.The.Night for the complements. Not sure about the rich part! Adult colouring didn't seem as creative to me and didn't occupy as many brain cells.
Wow, that's very detailed! You really have a talent for drawing mazes. I agree with Lurker - you could make a book!

I learned that I really love colouring the first time I was in the hospital - this is before adult colouring books were such a big thing. I also found out that I like word searches, and jigsaw puzzles. Whatever it takes to keep the mind occupied, I guess!

Oh, and writing has the same effect on me - just rehashing the same old thoughts. One of the nurses suggested ending my writing sessions with 3 (or so) things I am grateful for. It sounds hokey, but it did help change my mindset when I was done writing. Eventually that morphed into just doing a gratitude journal (which has been sadly neglected so quite some time!)
Well, if Oblivion made a book I'd certainly buy it and then promptly realize Oblivion is much better at making the mazes than I am at solving them! They look complex. :o
I've since taken to making labyrinths instead of mazes. They are more complex to make but really easy to solve: there is only one way in and out. No dead ends or wrong turns! It is funny because I really didn't view them as praise worthy and when I get praise I find it puts pressure on me to make the next one better and of course I'm convinced I'll fail. I have actually stopped sharing them with anyone for that reason.
You don't need to make them better, just make them different. They're good enough as is!

Sorry for all the peer pressure though. Don't give into it! D:

Just do you. Smile