Chronic Suicide Support

Full Version: What Book(s) are you reading right now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm reading A History of Germany 1815-1945 by William Carr. I think it's sort of an old book because there are only 2 copies on amazon you could buy.

I love reading about Germany.  Smile
I am currently reading the thief of time by terry pratchett and annotated lovecraft.
Necessary Illusions by Noam Chomsky. He is very thought-provoking,
Now you all have such reading that you leave me with not wanting to say ... I'm reading some of Mercedes Lackey's fiction.  Excellent escape literature!  The Fairy Godmother at the moment.
(08-01-2010, 04:06 PM)WelcomeToMyLife link Wrote: [ -> ]Necessary Illusions by Noam Chomsky. He is very thought-provoking,

Hey that fellow was a very influential Linguist! Good read probably. Smile
(08-02-2010, 06:48 AM)Lurker.In.The.Night link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=WelcomeToMyLife link=topic=1894.msg12034#msg12034 date=1280696767]
Necessary Illusions by Noam Chomsky. He is very thought-provoking,

Hey that fellow was a very influential Linguist! Good read probably. Smile
[/quote]

I haven't found anything by him<??> that wasn't an enjoyable read.  Knowing that he was a linguist explains how he can use words so well.
OMG!! How funny, my daughter got her class schedule and they gave her German as the language she gets to learn in school, then I saw this thread and it struck me as funny... Sorry....

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
(08-05-2010, 11:50 AM)Jenni link Wrote: [ -> ]OMG!! How funny, my daughter got her class schedule and they gave her German as the language she gets to learn in school, then I saw this thread and it struck me as funny... Sorry....

Jenni

I took two years of german in high school and a semester's worth In college. I found it a very hard language to learn. :/

Don't be suprised if your daughter needs tutoring for it!
(08-06-2010, 07:41 AM)Lurker.In.The.Night link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Jenni link=topic=1894.msg12110#msg12110 date=1281027007]
OMG!! How funny, my daughter got her class schedule and they gave her German as the language she gets to learn in school, then I saw this thread and it struck me as funny... Sorry....

Jenni

I took two years of german in high school and a semester's worth In college. I found it a very hard language to learn. :/

Don't be suprised if your daughter needs tutoring for it!
[/quote]

I'll probably call the school Monday and ask them about it...... Someone said they're not offering French (which is what my daughter wanted to take).... What I'm wondering is if the thing about French is true, then why have German and not French.....

Jenni
Er, they have a German teacher and don't have a French teacher??
Pages: 1 2 3 4