Chronic Suicide Support

Full Version: enough already
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 70PnU.jpg]
lol that is a cute kitty picture. Big Grin

What are you trying to say? >_>
I'll speak for myself here ... we seem to have people among us who are believers ( in what / who I'll let ride ) and others who seem to find their belief futile ...

It seems to me of late that there has been a certain amount of belligerence generated by those discussion of  a religious ilk. 

Few here believe in a manner similar to my belief but that doesn't mean that I have any right to disregard their feeling, their belief.

One has but to look at the jihad of the 10 - 11 <??> centuries and the crusades to see that any religion is apt to take itself too seriously.  That there are religionists among us (nationally) who feel that they have a god given right to make us believe as they do - to save our immortal souls - is beyond argument, that they pervert history and justice to their views is also beyond argument --- but casting stones at each other because of our belief (or lack of belief) is not acceptable.

We have Wiccans, atheists, Christians, Muslims and god alone knows what else as members here - please remember that and temper your religions remarks with the affection that we feel for each other.  Life is difficult enough without our safe place becoming a religious battleground.

And yes, I found the picture of the kittens beneficial ... and cute.
(05-12-2010, 12:06 AM)Dragon link Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me of late that there has been a certain amount of belligerence generated by those discussion of  a religious ilk. 

Yes I agree...  :-\
are you kidding me?

NOW you want to talk about how sensitive everyone is to religion after days of "brain washing" "christ insanity" bashing? Seems others have carte blanche to say whatever they want about GAWD but I can't even post a picture of a LOLcat without receiving condescension.

Please, give me a break.

For the record, I am not even an atheist and this was meant for laughs.
Marga, sorry if I stepped on your toes, such was not the intemtion. I thought I was being careful to point at no one.
And that was NOT comdescending,  I was trying to take the lighter moment provided by your cats to remind EVERYONE that we have many faiths represented heee and I would apprecoate it if alll were thinking of that in the religious discussions.
I'm on my cell, sorry for the spelling.
Yeah honestly I think the mods let things slide sometimes depending on whether or not they are personally offended by things.
(05-12-2010, 10:57 AM)Lurker.In.The.Night link Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah honestly I think the mods let things slide sometimes depending on whether or not they are personally offended by things.

I agree. I also think the mods let things slide for members who've made it obvious they can't really handle criticism.

And also that the religious tolerance speech belongs in someone else's thread *coughs*

But that picture is downright adorable.
Some sensitivity must be taken into consideration with regard to people's feelings about their religion but that said the TOS on this site doesn't really say anything about religion specifically.

I make no effort to hide the fact that I am anti-religious and if a discussion comes up I'll share my views accordingly. This forum has never been censored much and I think that's how it should remain. As long as personal attacks are kept out of the discussion people's views on religion (and atheism) as far as I understand the TOS are fair game.

So to sum this up, if you feel someone is personally attacking you - PM the mods. If you are offended because people dislike / disagree with what you believe I don't think that's covered by the TOS.

And mods disagree over a lot of things, we each have our own opinions so it's not like we get together and decide what will slide or not.
(05-12-2010, 02:00 PM)So Much So little link Wrote: [ -> ]I make no effort to hide the fact that I am anti-religious

Yes exactly.
Pages: 1 2