Chronic Suicide Support

Full Version: lyrical depression..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I'm bummed out and know I must be the only person who has ever made this kind of mistake so now you can all throw rocks at me..
For YEARS..decades actually I thought a certain song had certain words and today I looked it up and I wasn't even close!
WHAT? It's THOSE WORDS? Unbelievable! How could he have written words that sounded so ... utterly different than what I had expected?
The song I'm talking about is Traveling Band by CCR.. Now be honest.. How many of you thought it says, "If I'm on the lamb tryin to get a hand, hey a little traveling band"? Well you were wrong.. You were SO wrong you ought to hang your head in shame like I am currently... OK..it's not THAT bad.. It goes.. "Well I'm flyin 'cross the land tryin to get a hand.."....DOH!

It kind of makes ya wanna look up every song you have wrong..

The best one i ever heard was my former brother in law.. He thought the CCR song, Bad Moon was referring to bathrooms..  "Yeah, the bathrooms on the right!" So I don't feel so bad after all..
In case you're like me and heard John Foggerty singing something else here it is in the entirety.. http://www.lyricsfreak.com/c/creedence+c...34317.html
I'm too young to know these songs.  Tongue
;D

I always thought the lyrics to Hendrix' Purple Haze were "'Scuse me while I kiss this guy"

???  Who knew