Chronic Suicide Support

Full Version: Instruments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody play any musical instruments here ? I recently started playing guitar(acoustic)and I was wondering if anybody else played anything?
I used to play the violin (for 9 years)
Piano (for 6)
Guitar (for 2)

I quit them all though because I couldnt find any joy in playing the same piece of music over and over again.

Go figure.

Cordelia

(01-30-2010, 04:26 PM)Lurker.In.The.Night link Wrote: [ -> ]I used to play the violin (for 9 years)
Piano (for 6)
Guitar (for 2)

I quit them all though because I couldnt find any joy in playing the same piece of music over and over again.

Go figure.

IMO when the joy goes when playing an instrument, it's difficult to contimue playing.
did you have that joy at any time while playing?

if so, is it possible to re-discover that?

----

for me, the violin is the most gorgeous of sounds. I wish I had learned violin.

---

To Irkalla.

I play piano quite well and some basic guitar.

I used to play the drums, many many moons ago.....

Peace &  :ht:,
Jenni
(01-30-2010, 04:18 PM)Irkalla link Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody play any musical instruments here ? I recently started playing guitar(acoustic)and I was wondering if anybody else played anything?

I tried the piano, and was useless. Then I tried the guitar, but I sucked at that too...

I'll leave it to people with talent Smile

Woody

I played cello for one year in high school and taught myself alto recorder. I also used to own an electronic keyboard and could noodle on it, but never learned to play it properly.

Woody

richardregius

Tried the trombone in 5th grade, lasted 3 months. I've been playing electric guitar a year.
I've tried to learn:

Guitar
Bass guitar
Violin
Piano

unsuccessfully. I love the bass guitar and should have stuck with that but... eh.

irkalla, for some reason i thought you were already a musician, no?